Re: [MOL]Me too! [01108] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL]Me too!

Thanks Kathy,

I had a breast removed June 1999 so I know what you are dealing with.  Did they
also remove your lymph's under your arm?  I'm all healed now but the lymph's give
me problems off and on.  I did not have reconstruction, there wasn't much use a
padded bra with filler does nicely and the weight is minimal since I don't use a
prosthesis.  I never had any feelings about having the surgery one way or the
other.  But, I think it was because I had had so many lumpectomies, biopsies and
cysts drained over the years that it was just one more of those procedures.  I
don't have a body-beautiful image of myself so that was not a problem.  It was
really strange because I went in to have the breast removed and they only did a
lumpectomy and said they could not find the cancer.  After they had examined all
the tissue they confirmed it, same as what was found here locally so I went back
to have a mast.  After the mast. they couldn't find the cancer again.  The doctor
insisted they comb thru every particle of the tissue until they found it and
finally they did and determined it was so small and had not spread that I did not
have to do anything.  But, I did have to go off the estrogen.  I have but I take
EVISTA for the bone, have occasional hot flashes but they're light and pass
quickly.  Can't tell you about the sex part, my husband has been sick so many
months I forgot.  I didn't mention that my mother and my grandmother had both had
a breast removed too, but its not considered genetic because we all had the
cancer after menopause.  Thanks again for the info Kathy.  Last I knew you went
into the doctor, but I thought it was determined to be nothing to worry about.

Peggy