Re: FW: [MOL] David/joicey [01100] Medicine On Line

Re: FW: [MOL] David/joicey

David, I think you hit dead on the key reason for these problems:
LAWSUITS! With potential disagreement between patient, various family
members, and the medical folks, things can get pretty complicated. And
money is the other. Though no one talks about it, here in the states you
see an eagerness to keep people alive when money is to be made for the
services, but when the money runs out, so do the heroic procedures. On
the flip side, no one wants to end up in court for hastening someone's
death!

Re: organ donation, I don't  believe the family has to give permission
here, unless the dying person has not indicated their wishes on this. I
have indicated I do want any useful organs to go to whoever can use
them, and I would be very upset to think these wishes might go unheeded.
And I don't think my family -- however well-intended -- should be able
to over-ride my decision. But again, there may be a fear of unscrupulous
types rushing someone's death. It's a real balancing act, anything can
be abused.

Well I am jealous of your beach trip! We have Monday off also --
Memorial Day -- but they are forecasting stormy weather. Since we have
had about 10 days of that already, I would be happy to see sun! So have
fun for both of us. Love, Joicy