FW: [MOL] David/joicey [01096] Medicine On Line

FW: [MOL] David/joicey

Hi Joicey

It makes no sense to me at all why in cases where there is a specific
request of "DNR" sometimes these wishes are over-ruled, and if a patient
wants to be resuscitated, some may find "DNR" on their paperwork.

When my sister died four years ago from a perforated bile duct, I went to
great lengths in detailing what I wanted to happen to me should I be in a
position of being kept alive artificially, only to be told my wishes may not
be taken into consideration at the event.

There is also a big issue over here about organ donors.  Is it the same in
the States, and Canada where Dr's can not remove organs without consent of
the family?  We have a donor list system over here accessible by all
hospitals, and you need to carry a card to say you would like any organs
donated, but even with these two forms of consent and confirmation, Dr's
still need family permission to avoid the trusts being sued!  Is it just the
UK or does this red tape spread over the world??

Leaving you on a brighter note, its a bank holiday here on Monday, our
second enforced long weekend of in May which hopefully if the weather holds
I will be spending on the beach!!