Re: [MOL] seeds-BrachytherapyReply to Darlene! [00990] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] seeds-BrachytherapyReply to Darlene!

Hi Darlene:  Welcome to our forum.  My husband just went through this
therapy.  He was very pleased with it.  He first had the seed implants
placed; which was done as an outpatient.  Six weeks later he went for
radiotherapy four times a week for six weeks. The treatment lasted
approximately 20 mins.
The only side effects he had were, for the first few weeks the feeling of
bladder pressure, and constipation.  Goodness, that is very little side
effects.  According to research this treatment is definitely recognized as
as good a therapy as full surgery.  He has had no reectal dysfunction or
incontinence.  I hope this has helped the both of you.  Warmly, your friend,
lillian

more....