[MOL] Are our beautiful scented candles causing us harm?.... [00855] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Are our beautiful scented candles causing us harm?....

* Scented Candles and Lead Poisoning: The Scary Connection
If you burn scented candles, chances are you're putting
unsafe levels of lead into the air. Two recent studies have
shown that candles with metal wicks, and possibly those in
metal containers, often release lead into the air, and the
amount of lead can quickly rise to a level high enough to
cause lead poisoning. For details, click on:
http://newsletter.mediconsult.com/cgi-bin5/flo?x=dKEgYYYEAwEEmKuh