[MOL] Re: Reoly to SOLE [00814] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Re: Reoly to SOLE

Welcome to our wonderful forum, know that we are here for you and will help
in any way we can by giving you links and medical articles.  Please know
that we are not in the medical profession; but do have combined year's of
expierence with  cancer.   I would further suggest that you go to our album;
there are many resources in there from how to talk to your doctor, questions
to ask about your treatment, cancer centers,  cancer resources and much
more.

I am including for you some excellent URL'S to help you in your quest.
When you are at the NCI site  check into trials. First read about trials so
you will understand the 4 phases completely.

I am also including alternative sites for you to explore
If we may be of further help please just ask.  Warmly, your friend, lillian

TRADITIONAL SITES

National Cancer Institute http://rex.nci.nih.gov

Univ of Penn http://cancer.med.upenn.edu

Cancer Notes on the Net http://www.cancernews.com

Medicine On Line http://www.meds.com

MD Anderson http://www.mdanderson.org

Mem. Sloan-Kettering http://www.mskcc.org

ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE WEBSITES
           International Bibliographic Information on Dietary
           Supplements (IBIDS) Database (Office of Dietary
           Supplements/NIH)
               Searchable database of published, scientific literature on
               dietary supplements, vitamins, minerals, and botanicals.
IBIDS
               contains over 300,000 citations and abstracts.  Developed to
               assist the public, health care providers, and researchers in
               locating credible, scientific literature on dietary
supplements.

           NIH National Center for Complementary and Alternative
          Medicine (NCCAM)
               Conducts and supports research and training; disseminates
               information on complementary and alternative medicine to
               practitioners and the public.   NCCAM resources include the
               CAM Citation Index (searchable & browsable database of more
               than 180,000 citations from 1996-1998 extracted from
MEDLINE);
               and the NCAAM Clearinghouse (contains information on NCCAM
               programs, conferences, and research activities).

           Quackwatch
           Stephen Barrett, MD
               Guide to health fraud and "quackery."  Of particular note is
the
               section entitled, "Special Message for Cancer Patients
Seeking
               'Alternative' Treatments.

           University of Texas Center for Alternative Medicine Research
           in Cancer (UT-CAM)
               Investigates the effectiveness of alternative and
complementary
               therapies used for cancer prevention and control.  Website
               contains evaluative information on various therapies,
including
               herbal & plant therapies (e.g., essiac), biologic & organic
               therapies (e.g., cartilage), chemical & pharmacologic
therapies
               (e.g, antineoplastons, hydrazine sulfate) as well as special
               regimes & integrated systems (e.g., Gerson, macrobiotics).
               One of eleven centers established by the National Center for
               Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM) at the
               National Institutes of Health (NIH).

more....

more....