Re: [MOL] Date: Reply to Dusti [00508] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Date: Reply to Dusti

Hi Dusti, I had to write because your note reminded me so much of my dad. He
passed away 2 years ago from congestive heart failure and was in hospital
for about 2 months. We took turns spending the night with him so that he was
never alone. During those times we had a chance to share many moments like
you and your mom had last night. I made sure I told him all the things that
he had given me that added value to my life and helped to shape the person I
am today. I could tell by his response that he had no idea what an important
influence he had been for me. While it is deeply painful to watch a loved
one slip away, it can also be a period of extreme closeness and honesty.
Your mother is indeed lucky to have you as a daughter and it sounds as if
you are equally lucky to have her as a mother. I pray there will continue to
be moments of great tenderness and beauty for you and your mom during this
difficult time.
Your friend,
Bridget