[MOL] Re: anoid cystic carcincomaReply [00487] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Re: anoid cystic carcincomaReply

Lena, welcome.  Here's a really good site on adenoid cystic carcinoma with links to other sites.  I think this will be a big help to you and your friend.  Warmly, lillian

http://www.paonline.com/knippd/acc/

From: Lana Howard
To: Firefly@islc.net
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2000 4:06 PM
Subject: anoid cystic carcincoma

Hi my name is Lana Howard and my friend, Patti has this cancer.  She isn't much with computers and asked if I could find some info on this.  Patti, 2 yrs ago went to Seattle and had Radiation treatment. I think real severe treatment - anyway she had done really well until late last year and now, after radiation in her rib area last Friday we found out it has masticized(spelling?) in her bone in her rib and vertebra.  And the cancer now is in her nerve endings in her back.  As far as we know - nothing else can be done Only pain maintenance.  There isn't alot of information out there about this cancer - She knows how rare it is.  Patti would like to know if there is anyone out there who has this cancer and maybe what to expect.  She wants to learn as much as possible.
Thanks so much for you web site, I printed out the information you had and gave it to patti.