No Subject [00438] Medicine On Line

No Subject

My father was diagnosed with lung cancer last June. Since then it has moved to the liver. They have stopped giving him chemotherapy when they found the cancer in the liver. They have just found out that one of the airways in his lung is blocked due to the tumor blocking it. The doctors are in the midst of making a decision of radiotherapy to shrink the tumor, to unblock the airway. In the mean time, however, he is not only having trouble breathing but he coughs quite often. My father is 59 years old and due to his cancer never seems to have a comfortable day. Is there anything I can give him to stop his coughing? So far nothing seems to be working. Although I may not have the power to keep him alive, I certainly want to make sure that his remaining time is comfortable.

Sincerely
Brenda Andrews