Re: [MOL] STI 571 info-medical centers...HELP !/REPLY/To Include Cancer [00360] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] STI 571 info-medical centers...HELP !/REPLY/To Include Cancer Sites in Europe.....

Hello Claudia:  Welcome to our wonderful forum, know that we are here for
you and will help in any way we can by giving you links and medical
articles.  Please know that we are not in the medical profession; but do
have combined year's of expierence with  cancer.   I would further suggest
that you go to our album; there are many resources in there from how to talk
to your doctor, questions to ask about your treatment, cancer centers,
cancer resources and much more.

I am including for you some excellent URL'S to help you in your quest.
When you are at the NCI site  check into trials. First read about trials so
you will understand the 4 phases completely.  Warmly, your friend, lillian

1 sti571, sti-571, leukemia, chronic myelogenous leukemia, cml, tyrosine
kinase inhibitor, cgp57148b, cgp57148
A Phase I trial of STI571 is continuing, but it is closed to new patients.
Phase II trials are currently open to patients who meet the protocol
requirements (as of Nov./99). The Phase I and II trials are described below,
and there is a list of trial
http://www.newcmldrug.com/Trials.asp

2 sti571, sti-571, leukemia, chronic myelogenous leukemia, cml, tyrosine
kinase inhibitor, cgp57148b, cgp57148
Below, is a list of cancer related links sorted by Name. Resource: American
Association for Cancer Research (AACR) Description: The American Association
for Cancer Research (AACR), a scientific society of over 15,000 laboratory
and clinical cancer
http://www.newcmldrug.com/Resources.asp

3 sti571, sti-571, leukemia, chronic myelogenous leukemia, cml, tyrosine
kinase inhibitor, cgp57148b, cgp57148
My Purpose: Welcome! The purpose of this site is to provide information on a
new, experimental, drug for the treatment of Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia
(CML). The drug, code-named STI571, is manufactured by Novartis, currently
the second largest drug
http://www.newcmldrug.com/

4 sti571, sti-571, leukemia, chronic myelogenous leukemia, cml, tyrosine
kinase inhibitor, cgp57148b, cgp57148
The following are selected messages dealing with STI571 from
egroups.com-CML, an email list server dedicated to the support of Chronic
Myelogenous Leukemia (CML) patients and their caregivers. You may join the
list by sending an email to cml-subscribe
http://www.newcmldrug.com/msg.asp

5 sti571, sti-571, leukemia, chronic myelogenous leukemia, cml, tyrosine
kinase inhibitor, cgp57148b, cgp57148
Below is a list of links to information about STI571. The material is sorted
by date. Use the arrows at the bottom of the page to navigate. [Note: the
">|" button takes you directly to the last page.] Date:1/1/00 Source: The
Journal of Clinical
http://www.newcmldrug.com/news.asp

6 Cures for leukaemia STI-571
Leukemia [ Home | Contents | Post | Reply | Next | Previous | Up ] Cures for
leukaemia STI-571 From: fibok@aol.com Category: Category 1 Date: 12/5/99
Time: 12:53:59 PM Remote Name: 205.188.195.46 Comments I have just read a
very brief article (Sunday
http://www.medicine2000.com/healthtalk/_leukemia/00000001.htm

7 Re: Cures for leukaemia STI-571
Leukemia [ Home | Contents | Post | Reply | Next | Previous | Up ] Re: Cures
for leukaemia STI-571 From: gvh@iae.nl Category: Category 1 Date: 12/22/99
Time: 8:03:15 AM Remote Name: 212.61.2.182 Comments I Red in our newspaper
at 3/11/99 that a mr. C
http://www.medicine2000.com/healthtalk/_leukemia/00000002.htm

8 OncoLink: "STI-571 in the treatment of CML: A perspective on this new
agent, and its potential future utility"
E-Mail Article Print Article Printing FAQ Main Menus: Disease Menus Medical
Specialty Menus Psychosocial Support Cancer News Clinical Trials Global
Resources Cancer FAQs Symptom Management Conferences and Meetings Financial
Issues Book Reviews Featured
http://oncolink.upenn.edu/disease/leukemia1/cml.html

International  Union  Against  Cancer
----
Union Internationale Contre le Cancer

    International Directory of
Cancer Institutes and Organisations
Medical Dep. 5 and Institute for Medical Oncology and Haematology
    Germany
Medical Dep. 5 and Institute for Medical Oncology and Haematology
17 Flurstrasse
90340 Nüernberg
Germany

Tel. : (49-911) 398 30 60
Fax : (49-911) 398 30 58

Central Email: bruntsch@clinikum-nuernberg.de

Affiliation: University of Erlangen-Nüernberg

Directors
Position Title Name Degrees E-mail
Director Prof, Dr. Gallmeier, Walter M. MD

Building
Director

Personnel: medical - 33; scientific - 4; nursing - 43;

Cancer patient statistics 1997: patient beds - 65; total patients - 1300;
new patients - 800; out-patient consultations - 6800

Experimental cancer research: Immunological reconstitution after autologous
stem-cell transplantation; Regulation of early haematopoiesis; Evaluation of
unconventional treatments.

Cancer treatment: Medical oncology: Hormone and cytotoxic treatment
including high-dose chemotherapy / Total body irradiation with autologous or
allogenous blood or bone-marrow stem-cell transplantation.

Rehabilitation and continuing care: Psycho-oncology; Pain control; Patient
education; Dietetics.

Clinical cancer research: Phase I, II and III clinical trials for
chemotherapy, cytokine therapy and therapy with biological response
modifiers; Unconventional treatments.

Other cancer control activities: Cancer registry (hospital-based); Public
education.

Professional education and training: Undergraduate: Yes. Paramedical: Yes.

Other cancer related activities: Music therapy; Database on unconventional
treatments.

----

Guide to Internet Resources for Cancer

Resources by Country - Europe

----

INTERNATIONAL, EUROPEAN, Albania, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bangladesh,
Belarus, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Columbia, Costa
Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominica, Ecudor, Egypt, El
Salvador, Estonia, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guatemala,
Honduras, Hong_Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland,
Israel, Italy, Jamaca, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Korea, Latvia, Lebanon,
Lithuania, Luxenburg, Macedonia, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Mongolia, Namibia,
Nepal, Netherlands, New-Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Panama,
Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Russia, Saudi
Arabia, Singapore, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sudan,
Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Taiwan, Thailand, Trinidad, Tunisia, Turkey, UK,
USA, Ukraine, Uruguay, Venezuela, Vietnam, Zimbabwe
See also  Resources in Languages other than English
See also  Medical / Research Specialities
See also  Disease Oriented List of Resources

----

EUROPEAN (37 links)
ACTION: Telematics for Health Professionals (EU) coordinated group of health
telematics projects with the aim of mproving the quality, improving the
quality, consistency and cost-effectiveness of care, especialy in cancer,
across Europe.
CancerNet (via Europe) N.C.I. information via The University of Bonn
Carcinogen Identification and Evaluation (International Agency for Research
on Cancer) Details about the unit and the IARC "Monographs on the Evaluation
of Carcinogenic Risks to Humans", plus list of publications.
EMBnet - The European Molecular Biology Network
EORTC / GIMEMA Leukemia clinical trial information European collaborative
group running clinical trials for leukemia. A password is required to access
protocls etc.
EUCAN90: Cancer in the European Union 1990 (Cancer Mondial, International
Agency for Cancer Research) the site provides data by country for cancer
incidence, mortality and prevalance for 1990.
EUDRANET (European Commission, Technical Office for Medicinal Products)
Network Services for the European Union Pharmaceutical Regulatory Sector
EuropaDonna A coalition of organisations and individuals concerned with
breast cancer setting up national forums in Europe.
European Association for Cancer Research The EACR, founded in 1968, amims "
to advance cancer research by facilitating communication between research
workers including the organization of meetings." Details of membership,
meetings, publications, and fellowships.
European Association for Cancer Research EACR was founded in 1968 and aims
to advance cancer research by facilitating communication between research
workers including the organization of meetings. Details about the
organization, membership, felloships, publications, meetings etc.
European Association for NeuroOncology EANO is an organisation for
NeuroOncologists in Europe formed in 1994. This site includes a background
to the organisation, membership details, reports from scientific meetings,
clinical trial details, a calendar of events, and links to related sites
European Code Against Cancer (Telescan) A 10 point code against cancer
produced by medical experts. The code is availible in several languages, and
also by on-line video (6MB)
European Computerized Oncology Data Exchange - EUROCODE (EORTC) a
computerized network developed to facilitating the exchange of information
between oncologists, organizations, data centers and research centers
dealing with cancer. On-line randomisation, PDQ, protocols etc for EORTC
members
European Facts and Figures for Cancer (IARC data via TeleScan)
European Group for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (EBMT)
European Intergroup Ewing's Sarcoma Study Historical details of the EICESS
'92 trial, now closed to entry. EICESS is a collaboration of groups and
treatment centres in Germany, UK, Netherlands, and elsewhere.
European Journal of Cancer
European Journal of Cancer Care
European Journal of Oncology Nursing The web site includes tables of
contents, instructions for authors etc.
European Journal of Surgical Oncology Journal of the European Society of
Surgical Oncology and the British Association of Surgical Oncology. Home
page with contents and abstracts, instructions to authors etc.
European Oncology Nursing Society Founded in 1984
European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC) The
organisation was founded in 1962 in order to conduct experimental and
clinical research in Europe. The EORTC central office is in Brussels.
European Pancreatic Cancer Reference Library System (EPCRLS)
 European School of Oncology an independent non-profit organisation founded
in 1982 with the aim of facilitating education for health
professionals.Details of courses, meetings etc.
European Society for Therapeutic Radiation and Oncology (ESTRO)
Facts and figures of cancer in the European Community (IARC) 1993.
Federation of European Cancer Societies
Multilingual Glossary of technical and popular medical terms (Heymans
Institute of Pharmacology, Belgium) A large general medical glossary
commissioned by The European Commission(DG III)
Mutation database integration (European Bioinformatics Institute, Hinxton,
UK) An attempt to intergrate information from a variety of mutation
databases using a Sequence Retrieval System.
News from the European Bone Marrow Transplant Group
Organization of European Cancer Institutes (OECI)
Second Opinion in Radiology (Pilot Scheme) (via Telescan) Images can be sent
by Email for a second opinion. The service is provided by the Dept of
Radiology, Virckow-Kinikum, Berlin.
Society for Free Radical Research - Europe
START State of the Art In Oncology - Information for Health Professionals
(START, European School of Oncology) A database on state-of-the-art
treatment of cancer and cancer related topics is under development by the
European School of Oncology.
Sustaining Oncology Studies (SOS Europe) English and Italian languages. SOS
offers information and support for training, and research in cancer and
related biomedical disciplines
TeleScan Telematics Services in Cancer. At 06/99 the site had not been
updated since 1997.
Uroweb The web site of the European Association of Urology - includes
information, slide presenations etc.
See also  Disease Oriented List of Resources
See also  Medical / Research Specialities
See also  International Organisations

TRADITIONAL SITES

National Cancer Institute http://rex.nci.nih.gov

Univ of Penn http://cancer.med.upenn.edu