[MOL] Monday [00353] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Monday

Title: Monday

 Hi Molers.  The oncologist has taken my Mom off of chemo for good.  At first, I thought it was only going to be a month but now he is saying that it is for good.  Mom is sleeping about 18-20 hours a day now.  I'm not sure when to take off work?  Could this go on for months?  She now weighs 135 but just a couple weeks ago it was 142.  My sister thinks that she will go within a month but I don't know.  At what point do I call hospice?  I go home every day to fix her lunch and then she sleeps until I get home at night.  She is able to walk to the bathroom so do I even need hospice?  What does hospice do except administer medicine, give baths, serve meals?  Does anyone have any experience in this?  I feel sort of numb about all of this.  I just want to make sure I do all of the stuff that I am supposed to do.

Regards,
Dusti