[MOL] Brenda- Emotional side of cancer [00118] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Brenda- Emotional side of cancer

Brenda, I think we also struggle with "survivor's guilt," in spite of
the fact that we are unsure of our own future. I know I always feel very
mixed feelings sharing good news. On the one hand, I know folks need to
hear about folks who are surviving and have a good prognosis, but my
heart breaks for those who are not as lucky.  Another part of it...I am
permanently changed, and I CAN'T return to the person I was. Not only
because other cancerers are the only ones who really understand, but
because I can't stop caring about all my dear brothers and sisters who
are still suffering. I really appreciate your bringing up these issues,
Brenda. Love, Joicy