Re: [MOL] Emotional side of cancer [00094] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Emotional side of cancer

Dear Brenda:  I have experienced ALL of it!!!!  It will ALWAYS be a big deal
-- no matter how long ago it was.  I DID have to go through chemo and all
that other nasty stuff -- but it doesn't make any difference.  Cancer is
cancer and it's scary -- no matter what form it takes.  I'm going in for a
mastectomy on May 15th -- something that has left me completely blindsided.
After being treated for sclc and having a double heart bypass -- now this.
People tell me I'm amazing.  I'm not.  I'm just as frightened and insecure as
anyone -- in the wee small hours of the morning, as Frank Sinatra would say.
It's understandable that people are reluctant to discuss it -- cancer
frightens them, too, but it is, and always will be a very big deal!  This is
why I'm so happy to be here -- alive and on this forum.  I can talk about it
without someone abruptly changing the subject.  Good luck to you.

Love, Kathy in Boise