Re: [MOL] Emotional side of cancer [00084] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Emotional side of cancer

Brenda,
    I don't know if I've experienced exactly what you describe, but I think
we all have in one way or another.  As far as everyone else, they are
frightened because they have no knowledge of what cancer is.  Because you
seem to be okay that's all they want to know and don't want to talk about
because they don't know anything about it and don't want to feel guilty by
not knowing what to say.
    I can only say to be as honest with them as possible (with the ones you
love) and help them digest what is going on.  Be even more honest with your
feelings.  It is your turn to be a little selfish and let them know your
worries and depression or other cares.  If they change the subject, get back
on it and ask them why.  If they still avoid you, they aren't worth the
trouble.
    We are all here on the forum for you.  We can understand where you're
coming from and would love to help in any way we can even if it's just to
listen.
    You have an Almighty friend in God.  He gave you strength and courage
when you needed it before and will continue to do so if you just ask.  When
no one else is there, He certainly is.  Look to Him.  He gave us to you and
you to us.  Take advantage.
    Be well and God Bless you.
Luv ya,
Marlene