Re: [MOL] Chris, Nanc and Kathy [00062] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Chris, Nanc and Kathy

Joicy,
    I couldn't agree with you more, although I understand what Nancy was
saying.  I'm so used to being the strong one in the family even when I'm
sick, that it's been hard to follow the rules of concentrating on myself.
It's been hard watching my husband and daughter worry about me, but they do
get along okay.  They are learning as I am learning, not to be selfish but to
allow the other to deal with things on their own as I deal with things for
me.  That's how we all grow, not by protecting each other but allowing each
other to grow.
    Yes, I do get a little selfish now and sometimes feel guilty about it,
but my doctor is very firm about getting "ME" well.  If the others were sick,
that might be different, but they aren't and my energies need to be focused
on my health at the moment.  So I throw the guilt aside, give my friends and
family room to take it all in, and I concentrate on me.  If they love me,
they will understand.  Cancer lets you find out who your true friends and
family are.
    Kathy, concentrate on getting better.  You have a wonderful, giving
heart.  If you don't take care of you, we all lose that wonderful, giving
heart in our lives.  So don't be selfish to us and get selfish with your
health so we can continue to take advantage of that wonderful, giving heart
of yours and you can continue life.  (Does any of that make sense?)
Luv you all,
Marlene