[MOL] PS on Tom [02335] Medicine On Line

[MOL] PS on Tom

Dear Friends:
    You are certainly getting a blow by blow account.  Just returned from the
hospital for a few hours rest.  Tom has a beautiful private room with a river
view (wish I were rich enough to donate money for them to wash the windows
once a year--they are thick with grime).    He was in high spirits sitting in
the chair by the warm sun writing in his diary and saying he had hope he
could keep going.  The Infectious Disease doc came in while I was there and
thinks the pneumonia just wasn't cured because of a blockage. He is still
having trouble breathing and has paroxyms of coughing.  They will continue to
give him IVs of antibiotics and hopefully send him home with oral ones.  We
will have to see how this plays out.  I would be very happy to have as much
time as I can with Tom but who knows.  Will keep you posted. Thanks for all
your wonderful messages.  Love, Bess