Re: [MOL] Joicy/Joy/Courage [02273] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Joicy/Joy/Courage

Kinda brings the whole meaning to the words "The Peace that passes
understanding", Huh?
    I found the Lord's peace a few years back when I wasn't really going
through much at all, but firmly committed to "Seeking first the kingdom of
God and His Righteousness."  All of a sudden, what I would usually call,
really bad things started happening in my life, but I had such an amazing
peace in the Lord, they did not really matter.  I dealt with them as needed,
but any worry or tears or stress lasted only a few seconds.  Then I'd have
this rush of peace over me and an overwhelming feeling of His presence.
    With my cancer, it was the same way (still is).  Yes, I feared it, but
felt peace to where the fear was just in the background.  By the time I found
out for sure I had cancer, I had already made my peace with all and was ready
to die if that was in His plan.  No, I wasn't giving up, just that death
wasn't all that fearful anymore.  I would do everything in my power to
physically survive, but was ready if the Lord wanted it.  I praise God each
day for allowing it to be only 2nd stage and very operable.  I praise Him
each day for my life, my husband, my home, my grandson, and my 4 children.
They are all truly God-sent.
    Mark, if you read this, I agree about your children.  My 6-year-old
grandson lives with me and his hugs and "I love you's"  Have been more
healing than all the medicine in the world.  We talk a lot.  He doesn't
understand what cancer is, but he understands that Grandma is very physically
sensitive and has to go to the doctors all the time.  He knows something is
wrong and does all he can to help.  What a blessing.
God be with you all,
Marlene