Re: [MOL] Kathy C [02101] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Kathy C

Dear Chris:  I do remember that episode.  I used to love "Roseanne," until
toward the end when it got very stupid.  I would watch it every night when I
got home from work while I ate my Lean Cuisine!  Really -- this is fairly
minor compared to the rest of the stuff.  I'm not looking forward to it, of
course, but I can certainly get through it.  I have no choice, actually.  The
problem with Steve is that he spent his childhood helping his mother take
care of a physically helpless older brother.  This young man was Steve's
hero.  He was nine years older than Steve, and was in a horrible motorcycle
accident when he was 18.  It left him paralyzed from the neck down.  Steve
didn't have a childhood, and I think illness terrifies him, and with good
reason.  His brother passed away when he was fifty, so it was an ongoing
thing and very traumatic.  I'm not sure he'll be able to deal with this, and
I'm giving him some space right now.  Our brothers online are strong men --
as are my actual brothers -- but not all men are as strong as their sisters.
I'm hoping he doesn't disappoint me -- but if he does, it's better that it
happens now.

Love, Kathy