[MOL] Joy in the Journey [02052] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Joy in the Journey

I found this to be extremely potent for me in dealing with much that has
happened in my life.  For one thing, I would not have met this beautiful and
spiritual family here on mol.  God Bless and I hope that this helps to
lighten someone's view of life.  Pax and Love.
John

JOY IN THE JOURNEY

If you have ever been discouraged because of failure, please read
on. For often, achieving what you set out to do is not the
important thing. Let me explain.

Two brothers decided to dig a deep hole behind their house. As
they were working, a couple of older boys stopped by to watch.

"What are you doing?" asked one of the visitors.

"We plan to dig a hole all the way through the earth!" one of the
brothers volunteered excitedly.

The older boys began to laugh, telling the younger ones that
digging a hole all the way through the earth was impossible.
After a long silence, one of the diggers picked up a jar full of
spiders, worms and a wide assortment of insects. He removed the
lid and showed the wonderful contents to the scoffing visitors.
Then he said quietly and confidently, "Even if we don't dig all
the way through the earth, look what we found along the way!"

Their goal was far too ambitious, but it did cause them to dig.
And that is what a goal is for -- to cause us to move in the
direction we have chosen; in other words, to set us to digging!

But not every goal will be fully achieved. Not every job will end
successfully. Not every relationship will endure. Not every hope
will come to pass. Not every love will last. Not every endeavor
will be completed. Not every dream will be realized. But when you
fall short of your aim, perhaps you can say, "Yes, but look at
what I found along the way! Look at the wonderful things which
have come into my life because I tried to do something!"

It is in the digging that life is lived. And I believe it is joy
in the journey, in the end, that truly matters.