Re: [MOL] Brenda! - To Lillian [01991] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Brenda! - To Lillian

I'm doing real well, and so far am NED.  I have regular checkups, every
three months with full bloodwork, urinalysis, chest x-ray; colonoscopies
every six months, if next one is clean, will go to every other year; cat
scans every six months, due to have one next week. I also have regular pap
smears and mammograms. I was very fortunate in that both cancers were well
contained, with no spread, and did not require treatment.

I'm real curious to see how many others have or have had two primary cancer
sites.  It seems that I've read somewhere about other people having more
than one primary cancer. My onc said it was a fluke that this happened to
me.  My grandfather died of pancreatic cancer in 1986, at the age of 81;
otherwise, we have no history of cancer in our family.  I was 46 when I was
diagnosed, have never smoked, never drank alcohol, I'm not overweight, I eat
tons of fruits and vegetables, red meats only once a week or maybe twice.
The only symptoms I had of these cancers was that I found the mass myself
(kidney), and started getting mild pain, so I went to the doctor.  No
problems with urination, no infection, no problems with bowels.  During a
lower GI, they found the colon cancer.  I was very, very fortunate.

So you had three different breast cancers?  How are YOU doing?

Love you!

Brenda