[MOL] Basic Science Research, treatments for pancreatic cancer... [01959] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Basic Science Research, treatments for pancreatic cancer...

From Bench to Bedside:
Basic Science Research

These are some of the directions lab research in Pancreatic cancer has taken at M. D. Anderson. We hope that some of the studies here will be included in the News and Progress section shortly.

The discovery of oncogenes and tumor suppressor genes has facilitated the
understanding of some important questions in biology: how specific gene
expression is regulated by extracellular signals, how cell proliferation is
controlled, and what mechanisms are involved in tumorigenesis and
metastasis. Our laboratory seeks a better understanding of these
interesting problems combined with a strong commitment to take innovative
therapies rapidly from the laboratory to the bedside.

gnav.gif