[MOL] herbs and teeth... [01900] Medicine On Line

[MOL] herbs and teeth...

Many of us use herbs as part of our health care but may not think about
how they affect our teeth. I know I didn't until I came across a couple
of articles on the topic... here are the highlights:

Good news: black tea and green tea, according to the UC Berkely Wellness
Letter, contain fluoride, and can help revent tooth decay.

However -- Ginko Biloba can thin blood, making gums bleed more easily,
and some herbs can lower blood pressure to the point of making you feel
faint. Dentist Dr. Eric Shapira, spokesperson of the Acad. of General
Dentistry suggests you remind your dentist [as well as your Dr.] of any
herbs you may be taking, as well as standard meds.