Re: [MOL] MULTIPLE MYLOMA [01677] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] MULTIPLE MYLOMA

Suzy, I am sure the people in the forum do not feel you are intruding.  That
is what they are all here full.  It is a wonderful forum that I am just now
becoming familiar with.
However, my mother was diagonosed with MM last August.  It is true that a
high protien count is a syptom.  But I am not sure on the enlarged stomach.
My mother had a lot of bone pain and also the key factor was anemia.  She had
never been anemic before and within 4weeks she became severley anemic.  MM is
a cancer of the bone marrow and the only real way to detect it is ofcourse a
bone marrow test. I will keep your mother in law in my thoughts. hope the
bone marrow test goes well and please feel free to contact me with any other
questions.  Believe me I have been through it all will mm. Best wishes
                            Kathryn