[MOL] adenocarcinoma [01591] Medicine On Line

[MOL] adenocarcinoma

My 86-year old mother has just been diagnosed with adenocarcinoma (colon).
 I have a zillion questions.
1) Is adenocarcinoma a type of cancer as opposed to the location of the
cancer?  What characterizes it?
2) She has chosen NOT to have surgery (colostomy) as suggested by her Dr.
 She is told that, therefore, the bowel will eventually rupture, and she
will die of septic poisoning.  Does anyone have any experience with this?
 What should we expect?
3) Has anyone tried using ESSIAC in this situation?  What kind of results?
I would appreciate any and all information I can get.
J. Mackenzie