Re: [MOL] Keith [01400] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Keith

Dear Keith:  I am a SCLC survivor -- over two years now.  There are only two
stages of SCLC -- limited and extensive -- and it is, indeed, a very
aggressive form of cancer, but do yourself and your father a favor.  Do not
tell him the prognosis is grave -- PLEASE!  It can be controlled by chemo and
radiation.  Although the treatment is usually very aggressive and rough on
the patient, it can work.  I am living proof of that!  I may have already
told you, but I was admitted into a protocol and given various combinations
of chemotherapy.  I think the most important and beneficial may have been the
VP-16, although I was also on Cisplatin, Carboplatin, Taxol, and Taxotere.
If your father is in fairly good health generally, he can fight this!

Good luck -- Kathy in Boise