Re: [MOL] colon cancer/REPLY TO NICO ! [01356] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] colon cancer/REPLY TO NICO !

Welcome to our forum Nico!  The decision as to tell your dear father or not
to tell must be made by you and your family.  Sometimes not knowing what is
wrong with you is worse than knowing what is wrong.  It is all in the way a
person is told.  Were you to tell your father that more people are living
today with cancer than dying and the benefits of further treatment, I think
he won't loose hope.  Please know that even though surgery is a good therapy
for cancer, that only one tiny little cancer cell can remain inside the body
and cause the cancer to spread.  This is why surgery is followed often by
radiation or chemo.  I hope this helps you.  If we may be of further help
please just ask.  There are several colon cancer members on our forum who I
am sure will be responding to your message; so give them a couple of days to
respond.  Your friend, lillian

more....