From: Keith Cloward
To: mol-cancer@lists.meds.com
Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2000 9:26 AM
Subject: Re: [MOL] Keith

Hi.  Thanks for emailing.  We don't know what stage the lung cancer is at yet.  Tests for metastisis will be this Tuesday.  All we know so far is that it is squamus cell carcinoma in the lung and that it is inoperable.  Our hope (and the Doctor's) is that if there is no metastisis we can undergoe chemotherapy to hopefully reduce the size of the mass and then do a ressection.  I am a veterinary student and my experience with SCC is that it is very aggressive and locally invasive and carries a grave prognosis.  I don't have the heart to tell my dad any of that.
    Does anyone have advice about how to decide what protocols to choose and what alternative medicine to consider if any.  We are really feeling overwhelmed at this point and there is so much information out there it is impossible to sort through it all.  I hope this message finds you all well.  Sincerely, Keith