[MOL] When Are You Too Old? [01315] Medicine On Line

[MOL] When Are You Too Old?

My humble contribution for this beautiful crisp day in New York City.  God
Bless and Pax.
John

WHEN ARE YOU TOO OLD?

When asked how it was that she has lived so long, one 91-year-old
woman replied, "I think God is testing the patience of my
relatives."

When is  "too old"? At what age do we give up? At 100, Grandma
Moses was still painting, and Titian painted "Battle of Lepants"
when he was 98.

At 93, George Bernard Shaw wrote Farfetched Fables.

At 91, Samon de Valera served as president of Ireland.

At 90, Pablo Picasso still drew and engraved.

At 89, Arthur Rubinstein gave one of his greatest recitals in New
York's Carnegie Hall, and Pablo Casals, at 88, still performed
cello concerts.

At 82, Winston Churchill wrote the four-volume work, A HISTORY OF
THE ENGLISH-SPEAKING PEOPLES, Leo Tolstoy completed I
CANNOT BE SILENT, and Goethe, at the same age, finished FAUST.

At 81, Benjamin Franklin engineered the diplomacy which led to
the adoption of the US Constitution.

When is one "too old"? Only on the day when we truly have nothing
left to give. And the good news is this: that day never has to
arrive!