[MOL] Fwd: GOLDEN TELEPHONE]] [00622] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Fwd: GOLDEN TELEPHONE]]

---- Begin included message ----

>  Subject: GOLDEN TELEPHONE
>

>  > A man in Topeka, Kansas decided to write a book about
>  > churches around the world, but thought that the place to
>  > start, since hewas American, would be the United States.
>  >
>  > And with that in mind, he decided to fly to San Francisco,
>  > and start working east from there. He goes to the very large
>  > Grace Cathedral in that city and begins taking photographs,
>  > etc., when he suddenly spots a golden telephone on a wall
>  > with a sign which reads $10,000 a minute.  Intrigued, he

>  > seeks out the priest and asks about the phone and the sign.
>  > The priest advises him that this golden phone is, in fact, a
>  > direct line to Heaven and, if he wants to use it, he can talk
>  > directly to God. Thank you very much, says he and
>  > continues on his way.
>  >
>  > His next stop is Clinton, Nebraska, and while attending a
>  > church there, notices that there is exactly the same type
>  > of phone, with exactly the same sign on it.  Again,
>  > he seeks out the parish priest, asks the same question,
>  > and again is told that it is a direct line to God, etc.
>  > He thanks the priest and continues on his way.
>  >
>  > together, he discovers exactly the same type of phone
>  > with exactly the same sign beside it; makes inquiries
>  > of the local priests and receives exactly the same answer.
>  > Again, he thanks them and moves on his way.
>  >
>  > Arriving in New York, he goes into the Cathedral of
>  > St. John, the Divine. The golden telephone is on the wall
>  > with the same sign reading $10,000.00 a minute.  He
>  > checks with the Dean of the Cathedral, and gets exactly
>  > the same answer.
>  >
>  > Continuing on through many other states, he finds the
>  > same phone, same sign and gets the same answer,
>  > until, finally, he arrives in Texas.
>  >
>  > Upon entering St. Mary's Cathedral in San Antonio, lo
>  > and behold, he sees the usual golden telephone with
>  > a sign.  But THIS time, the sign reads Calls 25 cents.
>  > By now fascinated, he gets hold of the Bishop and
>  > says to him, Bishop, I have been in cities right across
>  > the country, and in each church I found this golden
>  > telephone, was told that it was a direct line to Heaven
>  > and that I could talk to God, but, in all the other
>  > churches across the country, it was $10,000.00 a
>  > minute.  Your sign reads 25 cents a call.  Why?
>  >
>  > The Bishop smiles benignly at him and says Oh, my
>  > son, that's very easy to explain. You see, you're now
>  > in Texas and, of course, it's a local call from here.

Kay and the K'Azar Pharaohs & Cirnechi
Home of 1999 AKC Nationals Winner "GREEDY"
"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant."

mailto:kaydurr@bihs.net
Pharaoh web page:  http://www.pharaoh-hound.com
Cirneco web Page:  http://www.cirneco.com

---- End included message ----