Re: [MOL] Monitoring Cancer Patients..... [00315] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Monitoring Cancer Patients.....

I need to interject here.....  One would think that a cancer patient is
monitored very closely; but this is not often the case.  This is a primary
reason why we encourage individuals to take control of their well being.
For what ever the reason's, mistakes are made and patients who need testing
are not informed and perhaps forget themselves if they are not actively
participating.  Today an average doctor sees 2,000 patients a year and that
is only an average; so you can well imagine just how busy the doctor is and
the doctors staff.  Often a doctor goes from room to another, ask you a few
general questions to get their mind refreshed on who you are and your case.
If you ask a particular question too fast you will notice that the doctor
has to look into your chart.  So please everyone, count on yourself or the
person you take with you to stay on top of things as an assistant to your
Doctor.
Warmly, lillian

more....