[MOL] Re: thalidomide info request [02487] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Re: thalidomide info request

In a message dated 03/31/2000 10:32:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
LKBTKGORMN@AOL.COM writes:

> After the radiation they >  have decided to use Thaladimide.  Which leaves
her with a 30% chance it will >  work. My mom's Doctor said the prognosis is
very poor, and expected her not >  to last more than 6 months.  I looking for
anyone or information on >  Thaladimide or who has used it before. >  Thanks,
      Kathy

Kathy, my father is on thalidomide, but for a diff form of cancer - NSCLC. He
had surgery, chemo and radiation first.  He seems to be doing rather well
with it as there is presently no cancer in his lungs, but that was before the
thalidomide.  He gets very tired easily and short-winded; we aren't sure how
much is from the lung damage and what part could be from the thalidomide.  As
for the doctors dismal outlook, don't let that shake your faith and hope.  My
sister and I cried when we all met with his oncologist and privately said to
each other, "She just wrote him off; she wrote his death sentence and he
signed it!"  That was two years ago this October.
God bless you. -chris