[MOL] Fwd: Good Stuff [02466] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Fwd: Good Stuff

---- Begin included message ----

Subject: My hut is burning

  The only survivor of a shipwreck was washed up on a small, uninhabited
island.  He prayed feverishly for God to rescue him, and every day he scanned
the horizon for help, but none seemed forthcoming.
Exhausted, he eventually managed to build a little hut out of driftwood to
protect himself from the elements, and to store his few possessions.

   But then one day, after scavenging for food, he arrived home to find his
little hut in flames, the smoke rolling up to the sky.  The worst had
happened; everything was lost.  He was stunned with grief and anger.
"God, how could you do this to me!"  he cried.

    Early the next day, however, he was awakened by the sound of a ship that
was approaching the island.  It had come to rescue him.
"How did you know I was here?" asked the weary man of his rescuers.
"We saw your smoke signal," they replied.

  It is easy to get discouraged when things are going bad.  But we shouldn't
lose heart, because God is at work in our lives, even in the midst of pain
and suffering.  Remember, next time your "little hut" is burning to the
ground it just may be a smoke signal that summons the grace of God.

  For all the negative things we have to say to ourselves,
 God has a positive answer for it:

  You say:  "It's impossible"
  God says: All things are possible (Luke 18:27)

  You say:  "I'm too tired"
  God says: I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28-30)

  You say: "Nobody really loves me"
  God says: I love you (John 3:16 & John 13:34)

  You say: "I can't go on"
  God says: My grace is sufficient (2 Corinthians 12:9 & Psalm 91:15)

  You say: "I can't figure things out"
  God says: I will direct your steps (Proverbs 3:5-6)

  You say: "I can't do it"
  God says: You can do all things (Philippians 4:13)

  You say: "I'm not able"
  God says: I am able (2 Corinthians 9:8)

  You say:  "It's not worth it"
  God says: It will be worth it (Roman 8:28)

  You say:  "I can't forgive myself"
  God says: I Forgive you (I John 1:9 & Romans 8:1)

  You say:  "I can't manage"
  God says: I will supply all your needs (Philippians 4:19)

  You say:  "I'm afraid"
  God says: I have not given you a spirit of fear (2 Timothy 1:7)

  You say: "I'm always worried and frustrated"
  God says: Cast all your cares on ME (I Peter 5:7)

  You say: "I don't have enough faith"
  God says: I've given everyone a measure of faith (Romans 12:3)

  You say:  "I'm not smart enough"
  God says: I give you wisdom (I Corinthians 1:30)

  You say:  "I feel all alone"
  God says: I will never leave you or forsake you (Hebrews13:5)

 Pass this on, you never know who may be in need of this today.
---- End included message ----