[MOL] Getting Rid of Disappointment [02458] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Getting Rid of Disappointment

Well, another week has rapidly drawn to a close...funny how very quickly
time flys when you learn to appreciate every minute.  I thought I would
share this with all of you.  I receive a daily dose of medicine in the form
of these gems each day.  It helps to set my mind straight (that's not an
opening Auntie Lil!!!).

Have a great weekend and be chatting with you on Monday.  Pax and God Bless.

John

GETTING RID OF DISAPPOINTMENT

A great many people are disappointed because of unrealistic
expectations.

Walking up to a department store's fabric counter, an attractive
young woman said, "I want to buy this material for a new dress.
How much does it cost?"

"Only one kiss per yard," replied the smirking male clerk.

Not to be taken back by the harassment, the woman said, "That's
fine! I'll take ten yards."

With expectation and anticipation written all over his face, the
clerk hurriedly measured out and wrapped the cloth, then held it
out teasingly, leaning forward to receive his "payment."

The woman snapped up the package and pointed to a little old man
standing beside her. "Grandpa will pay the bill," she smiled.

He was no doubt disappointed. But in the course of living, many
people are disappointed when others do not live up (or down, in
this case!) to their expectations. In order to be happy, some
expectations must be dropped. These unrealistic and unhealthy
expectations are three of the main culprits.

1. Do not EXPECT appreciation. When others say, "Thank you," or
in any way show their gratitude, be happy. It is a gift!

2. Do not EXPECT others to make you happy. They simply cannot do
that. Make yourself happy and share your joy with others.

3. Do not expect NOT to be let down. At times, people will simply
not come through for you in the way you need. Forgive them and
move on.

Get rid of these three expectations and you will be getting rid
of daily disappointment!