Re: [MOL] HBO Special [02441] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] HBO Special

Thanks, Peggy, for the lowdown on the show. And I couldn't agree with you
more! There is far too little emphasis put on the role that "hope" plays in
the lives of people who live with cancer. And still far too many doctors
putting time limits on people's lives. So many of us are living prove that
those statistics mean nothing on an individual level...we are all far too
unique for any generalities to apply.
Go ahead and make that show; I, for one, would certainly be interested in a
show about cancer that dealt with the "human" side of the disease. There is
so little mention of the degree of control that the individual can exercise
and the role that spirituality (in any and every form) can play in living
with and (hopefully) overcoming this disease. There is so much more to it
than biopsies, or surgeries, or treatments, or drugs. And I go on and on and
on. Sorry, I can sometimes really get going on this subject. Anyway, go make
that show, okay?
Your friend,
Bridget