Re: [MOL] LUNG CANCER Survivors, After Spreading to Liver Stage 4 [02051] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] LUNG CANCER Survivors, After Spreading to Liver Stage 4

Dear David,  My heart goes out to you;  I remember well the terrible period
of time of diagnosis.  I have lung cancer, stage IV, adenocarcinoma, mets to
right lung also.  Now, I believe the most valuable help I can give you is to
let you know that your attitude (positive) will be most important thing for
your longevity.  I was diagnosed in Jan. of "98 given 9-12 mos w/o treatment;
18-24 mos with chemo; radiation was not feasible since I had several places
showing up/  I'm 59 years now.  I'm feeling great; had several courses of
chemo, incl Carboplatin and VP -16 initially, then Taxol, then quite a few
cycles of Gemzar and Taxotere, which helped me a lot.  The Taxotere./Gemzar
cycles ended the lst week of Aug. '98.  I went w/o treatment until the early
part of Feb., 2000, when I entered a clinical trial in Philadelphia with a
drug called Combretastatin,  I'm doing fine;  I go to Phila one week every 21
days and my CT Scan taken week before last shows my cancer is stable.  The
point is--that after you get handed a terminal diagnosis-=-you believe it and
if you do not catch on that it isn't necessarily so, you'll fulfill their
prophecy by dying.  I'm not saying they're not quoting the statistics, but we
are not just a bunch of statistics.  Don't let them take away hope.  The best
thing you can do is search the internet, learn as much as you can about your
condiition, and let this MOL Forum give you strength of heart and mind.  Let
me know anytime I can help.  Best regards; Wanda Zarbaugh