[MOL] Housing Options...Caregiving Educational Series 1 0f 6 
Medicine On Line
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[MOL] Housing Options...Caregiving Educational Series 1 0f 6
Housing Options for
Seniors: A Glossary
Shared housing options:
- Independent retirement living: Complexes for seniors who can take care of
themselves, with a staff doing exterior maintenance.
- Planned retirement communities: Independent living for active seniors,
usually younger retirees; strong focus on activities.
- Assisted living: Similar to independent living, with extra care such as
- Continuing care and life care: Independent living or assisted living that
can evolve into skilled nursing care as necessary.
- Seniors who own a home can rent or provide rooms to other seniors, or to
younger people such as college students, with the arrangement depending on how
much help the person needs.
- Many seniors move in with a grown child or other relative. This is known
as "family caregiving."
- Some senior homeowners add on or remodel to create a separate apartment
for a housemate or caregiver. Or part of the grown child's house can be made
into living quarters for the senior.
- A group of seniors can live together in a home specifically set up for a
shared situation, rather than one person moving into someone else's
( Very informational, good tips, Molers pictures, art
work and much more....