Re: [MOL] Anybody know anything about Procrid? [01478] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Anybody know anything about Procrid?

DEar Bess,

There is a bittersweet concern to procrit and iron deficiency. Many of
the professional do not recommend an iron supplement as it causes de
effects and yet there is little to none side effects to Procrt. My Barb
is also on Procrit (Epogin) 3 times a week, 15,000 units per session and
it tends to increase the hemoglobin sufficiently. But when you stop
procrit the body should take over and come to some normal range, God
willing. That may not happen in those that are naturally anemic, say as
my Barb. So we do a cbc twice a month to monitor the blood counts and
from time to time I administer the procrit subcutaneously at home which
is not difficult to do. Chemos job is to kill cancer cells and along the
way it does a number on the bone marrow which produces the blood cells,
red, white and platelets. When chemotherapy is administered for some
length of time, the bone marrow is slowly to respond thereby causing
anemia for red cells. The bone marrow in time will recover after chemo
is completed.

God Bless and hope this explains. Now there are ways to increase red
cells and should see a good naturalpath for that.

marty auslander