Re: [MOL] Bess [01282] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Bess

Dear Dusti:
      In addition to CPT-11 every week for four weeks and two weeks off (so
far Tom has only had two of the four weeks), he takes 2 zeloda after
breakfast and 2 zeloda after dinner for a total of 2,000 mg a day.  He is
supposed to take this for two weeks and then stop. Our onc has not indicated
if he will resume the zeloda with the next cycle.
      What kind of cancer did your mother have and did she take the zeloda
without a break for six months?  Alone or with something else?  How did you
know it stopped working unless it was alone?
    Unfortunately, or fortunately, we are doing so many different things--the
CPT-11, the zeloda, the Alternate Regime with Dr. Chang that includes the
frozen liquid shark cartilege 3 times day before meals, the equivalent of 24
cups of green tea, 2,000 units of D3 daily, 9 pancrease MT 20 enzymes daily,
9 bromelan daily, 1800 mg megasoy daily, 2 minocin antibiotics daily, the
equivalent of a tablespoon of flax oil daily, 2 tblspns of powdered
herbs-main ingredient reishi mushrooms (this to counter chemo effects)  and
six puffs daily of Intal inhaler.
This regime is supposed to duplicate angiogenesis.  So if there is a
"response" it will be virtually impossible to tell what is responsible.  I do
know that Tom is incredibly tired, that taking all these pills before meals,
during meals, after meals is incredibly burdensome especially since his
stomach feels full all the time and he can hardly eat. We were both dubious
to combine the two regimes but our onc thinks "it can't hurt and might help"
   anyhow we are doing our best to give this a try and see where we are at
the next evaluation.  All the best.  Bess