Re: [MOL] How often? [01011] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] How often?

Dear Peg:
    Anyone with a family history of colon cancer should definitely have a
colonoscopy every year, especially over 50.  Our family is riddled with colon
cancer and when my sister saw an onc at MSKCC about her severe EC/gastric
cancer, the doctor said her children should start screening at 35.  Don't
mean to alarm you, but if you catch it early, it's more controllable than
many cancers.  I have a colonoscopy every year and go to a guy who is so deft
that I am waiting for them to start and by then it's over.  I would also
recommend having an endoscopy (upper) every few years because ec/gastric is
on the rise too.  An ounce of prevention... All the best.  Bess