Re: [MOL] ABout L'ARgenine/More Information.... [00706] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] ABout L'ARgenine/More Information....

Hi Marty,
Best wishes goes out to Barb and yourself.

I thought 'arginine was an amino acid? Actually it is. Unfortunately in
Canada it can be very difficult to get single entity amino acids because
they are very hard on the Liver ? Kidney?
Food sources include carob,chocolate, coconut, dairy products, gelatin,
meat, oats, peanuts, soybeans, walnuts, white flour, wheat and wheat germ.
L'arginine must be a chemical rendition of arginine. There are no
complications eating the food products but there can be complications using
the  chemical supplement. Those with viral infections such as herpes should
not take L'arginine supplements, as it appears to promote the growth of
certain viruses. Long term use is not advisable. Studies have shown that
long term use have caused thickening of the skin.

Thoughtfully,
Caroline from Canada