[MOL] to bess and others who wrote to me, andy [00556] Medicine On Line

[MOL] to bess and others who wrote to me, andy

hello bess and everyone who wrote,
i want to say thank you for sending me the information and everything.  i dont
feel up to writing everyone back so this will have to do, sorry.  i'm in
maryland, going to johns hopkins oncology center which is suposed to be one of
the best so i think if anyone can help me they can.  i found out yesterday
ihave stage 3 cancer and maybe stage 4 and i get to be in a clinical trial.  i
will know after i get a biopsy done.  i'm going crazy but it is nioce to know
people have gotten thru it.  well thanks again. andy

BesTom@AOL.COM wrote:
> Dear Andy:
>       I've been so obsessed with my husband's immediate crisis that I didn't

> read your email that carefully.  Melanoma is the most serious form of skin
> cancer, but I've definitely heard of people beating it.  Be sure you find
out
> the very latest treatments and check with a few places that SPECIALIZE in
> this area.  What part of the country do you live in?  All the best.  Bess
PS
>  My husband was shaking and having nightmares of being buried alive when he

> got his diagnosis of Stage IV lung cancer.  He sees a wonderful cancer
> psychiatrist at Sloan Kettering and she gave him paxil (a mild
> antidepressant), and xanax to help him sleep.  This and deep breathing and
> meditation has helped him level out a lot (he's Japanese and a Buddhist).
> Wish there was something to calm me down.  Anyhow, good luck.  Bess

~Andy