Re: [MOL] Lillian [00553] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Lillian

Dear Lillian,

How are you? Well here's an update of what transpired with our liver
transplant team yesterday at the Cedars Sinai in L.A.

After gathering all the info from us and interviewing my wife, they finally
decided to go for partial resectomy in adjunct with a general chemo.
Considering the size of my wifes tumor (10cm) it is a lot safer to go this
way rather than a transplant. My wifes immune system and liver function might
be compromise with the new liver and there's a strong chance the malignant
cells can come back and sprout in the new liver... and this is lethal. You
can last only a few weeks. Also with the waiting game
you don't really know when you get a new liver. They mentioned two new drugs
for the chemo. I will mention them to you when I get their names if you have
any info about them.

Thanks...God Bless...Nick