[MOL] for a smile... [00188] Medicine On Line

[MOL] for a smile...

Hope this is good for a giggle...love, Joicy

Subject: Prayers of Children

 A little girl, dressed in her Sunday best, was running
 as fast as she could, trying not to be late for Bible
 class. As she ran she prayed, "Dear Lord, please don't
 let me be late! Dear Lord, please don't let me be
 late!" As she was running and praying, she tripped on
 a curb and fell, getting her clothes dirty and tearing
 her dress. She got up, brushed herself off, and
 started running again. As she ran she once again began
 to pray, "Dear Lord, please don't let me be
 late!...But don't shove me either."
 One night Mike's parents overheard this prayer: "Now I
 lay me down to rest, and hope to pass tomorrow's test,
 If I should die before I wake, that's one less test I
 have to take."
 A little boy's prayer: "Dear God, please take care of
 my daddy and my mommy and my sister and my brother and
 my doggy and me. Oh, please take care of yourself,
 God. If anything happens to you, we're gonna be in a
 big mess."
 A five-year-old said grace at family dinner one night.
 "Dear God, thank you for these pancakes..."  When he
 concluded, his parents asked him why he thanked God
 for pancakes when they were having chicken. He smiled
 and said, "I thought I'd see if He was paying
 attention tonight."
 Johnny had been misbehaving and was sent to his room.
 After a while he emerged and informed his mother that
 he had thought it over and then said a prayer. "Fine",
 said the pleased mother. "If you ask God to help you
 not misbehave, He will help you." "Oh, I didn't ask
 Him to help me not misbehave," said Johnny. "I asked
 Him to help you put up with me."
 A Sunday School teacher of preschoolers was concerned
 that his students might be a little confused about
 Jesus Christ because of the Christmas season emphasis
 on His birth. He wanted to make sure they understood
 that the birth of Jesus occurred for real. He asked
 his class, "Where is Jesus today?" Steven raised his
 hand and said, "He's in heaven." Mary was called on
 and answered, "He's in my heart." Little Johnny,
 waving his hand furiously, blurted out, "I know, I
 know! He's in our bathroom!!!"  The whole class got very
 quiet, looked at the teacher, and waited for a
 response. The teacher was completely at a loss for a
 few very long seconds. Finally, he gathered his wits
 and asked Little Johnny how he knew this. Little
 Johnny said, "Well...every morning, my father gets up,
 bangs on the bathroom door, and yells, "Good Lord, are
 you still in there?!"