[MOL] Good Story with a Great Message [01285] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Good Story with a Great Message

Having faced all the aspects of cancer I can attest to how unmanageable it
can all become and how helpless my wife and I felt at times.  It was only
through our faith in God that we made it through some of those dark days.
This little tail is but a reflection on what we all need to remember.  I
hope it helps.  God Bless.

John

A little boy was spending his Saturday morning playing in his sandbox. He
had with him his box of cars and trucks, his plastic pail, and a shiny, red
plastic shovel. In the process of creating roads and tunnels in the soft
sand, he discovered a large rock in the middle of the sandbox.

The boy dug around the rock, managing to dislodge it from the dirt. With no
little bit of struggle, he pushed and nudged the rock across the sandbox by
using his feet. (He was a very small boy and the rock was very large.) When
the boy got the rock to the edge of the sandbox, however, he found that he
couldn't roll it up and over the little wall. Determined, the little boy
shoved, pushed, and pried, but every time he thought he had made some
progress, the rock tipped and then fell back into the sandbox.

The little boy grunted, struggled, pushed, & shoved; but his only reward was
to have the rock roll back, smashing his chubby fingers.  Finally he burst
into tears of frustration. All this time the boy's father watched from his
living room window as the drama unfolded. At the moment the tears fell, a
large shadow fell across the boy and the sandbox. It was the boy's father.

Gently but firmly he said, "Son, why didn't you use all the strength that
you had available? Defeated, the boy sobbed back, "But I did, Daddy, I did!
I used all the strength that I had!" "No, son," corrected the father kindly.
"You didn't use all the strength you had." You didn't ask me."

With that the father reached down, picked up the rock, and removed it from
the sandbox. Do you have "rocks" in your life that need to be removed? Are
you discovering that you don't have what it takes to lift them? There is One
who is always available to us and willing to give us the strength we need.

Isn't it funny how we try so hard to do things ourselves.  Sadly, many
adults are trying to do everything themselves and only turning to God as a
last resort. God wants to be your first resort. Let Him help you with your
trials, tribulations and temperament. He loves you so much . . .
all He wants you to do is ask Him to help.

When you are DOWN to nothing.... God is UP to something!!!