From: Rose Ann Crofoot [mailto:crow51@alltel.net]
Sent: Monday, February 28, 2000 6:56 PM
To: mol-cancer@lists.meds.com
Subject: [MOL] Oral Cancer Info Needed

A friend was recently diagnosed with squamous cell cancer of the tongue. He(age 52) is scheduled for surgery on this Thursday to have the tumor removed (about 1/3 of tongue) and a neck dissection (removal of lymph nodes). I have been searching the web for information on this type of cancer and have found some general information, but was looking for information from people who have had this same type of cancer who could share information on the surgery and treatments.
 I have also not had much luck looking for cancer forums that would be helpful, any suggestions? Visiting many of the sites, I can see how important it is for  survivors to share their stories, I am trying to obtain some "good news" to share prior to his surgery.Thanks for any information you can share.
                                                    Rose Ann