From: Sue Norris <sen@calweb.com>
To: FlaxSeedOil@onelist.com <FlaxSeedOil@onelist.com>
Date: Sunday, February 27, 2000 5:48 PM
Subject: [FlaxSeedOil] Dr. Budwig's successes

Dear Damon (and everyone else who's interested),

Last year when I was thinking of writing an article on the benefits of
flax
oil and cottage cheese for treating cancer, I called Dr. Budwig in
Germany
and spoke with her directly.  She was reluctant to give specifics, since
she
was involved with an upcoming court case being brought against her by
what
she described as the German equivalent of Kenneth Starr.  (She said at
that
time, that she's been taken to court before, but has always prevailed,
and
that she could do it again.)
She said that the medical establishment is against her because she
refuses
to combine her treatment with chemo and/or other standard treatments
that
can break down the immune system.  It should be noted that Dr. Budwig
has
been nominated not once, but seven times, for the Nobel Prize for her
research.  She didn't want me to write an article in layman's terms
about
her work, because she felt it would diminish its importance.  She did
tell
me that she has successfully treated cancer patients whose doctors had
given
them only weeks or days to live, and said that at that time she was
still
treating patients who come to her from all over the world.  She didn't
mention specific types of cancer.  But said she has had a success rate
approaching 98%.  I asked her to translate that into an actual figure,
and
she said the number of patients she's successfully treated is
approximately
1000.  She also said that a hospital in Spain is using her methods, and
has
experienced a similar rate of success.  She urged me to fly to Germany
see her work for myself.

During the time when I was gathering information for my proposed
article, I
was informed that the market was already flooded with research articles
showing that flax oil (while promising) has not been shown to be a cure
for
cancer.

I read two of these articles at that time (though I can't remember what
magazines they were in).  Each said that flax oil had helped, but not
cured
or even significantly reduced the cancer it was being used to treat.
The
key factor that was missing in this research was the need for a sulfur
based
protein combined with the Omega 3 found in the flax oil.  I tried to
convince several editors that my proposed article differed from the
others
in that it tells of Dr. Budwig's research and the need for the protein
found
in quark or cottage cheese.  But the editors weren't interested.

I have personally spoken by phone to six of the people Cliff tells about
on
his tape.  They basically told me the same thing they told him.  Of the
7
people I've convinced to try the flax oil and cottage cheese for their
cancer (prostate, stomach, bone, and/or lymphoma), here are the results
date:

Two started taking it and were beginning to see results.  One of these
had a
PSA of 7, and the flax oil and cottage cheese brought it down to point
five.
The other had bone cancer.  The prostate cancer patient's doctor told
him
nothing could work that fast.  He said the flax oil must be masking the
symptoms, and told him to stop taking it .  He did, and his PSA went
back
up.  The doctor removed his prostate and performed an angioplasty.  The
bone
cancer patient's doctor told her only chance of survival was a massive
dose
of chemo.  She took it, and it killed her within 24 hours.

A third started, then quit, then started again, then quit again without
even
giving it a chance.  She is currently in the hospital, being given a
month
to live.

A former prostate cancer sufferer (number 4)  who had his prostate
removed
before hearing about Flax Oil and Cottage Cheese now has a cancerous
tumor
on his spine.  He started taking 6 T of oil with 1 1/4 c of cottage
cheese a
day.  After one month, his PSA had dropped from the high 30's to two
point
five.  He is ecstatic, and looking forward to his next bone scan.

A friend's grandmother (number 5),  who's been taking it for about a
month,
hasn't yet let me know whether she's seeing any results.

The remaining two are now cancer free.

Sincerely,
Sue Norris Holmes