[MOL] Beta-Carotene Offers No Benefits, No Harm In Disease Prevention [01258] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Beta-Carotene Offers No Benefits, No Harm In Disease Prevention

Good Day All,

For me, the following is not to be debated but to be taken in with good

intent as an educational theory as there are and will be many other

theories about vitamin supplementation, pro and con. But it is

interesting to know and must very seriously be understood the difference

between vitamin supplementation and natural vitamins. The article points

out, and I am sure there will be arguments for and against, that there

is a distinct difference between vitamin supplementation and the

benefits of natural food vitamins. HOPe you find this to be what I am

interpreting.

Beta-Carotene Offers No Benefits, No Harm In Disease Prevention

WESTPORT, Dec 30 (Reuters Health) - Beta-carotene supplementation

for 2 years produces neither benefit nor detriment in the

prevention of cardiovascular disease or cancer in women,

according to a report in the December 15th Journal of the

National Cancer Institute.  "In observational studies,

individuals with high intakes of fruits and vegetables containing

beta-carotene experience lower risks of developing cancer.

However, the few randomized trials of beta-carotene

supplementation show no overall benefits; some even suggest

harm," the authors explain.

http://ipn.intelihealth.com/ipn/ihtIPN?st=7189&c=260990

God Bless All,

marty auslander