Re: [MOL] colon cancer-nutrition/Reply [01239] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] colon cancer-nutrition/Reply

Thanks Sylvia!  I see your on line now, great!  Welcome home....here's some
good sites for you to explore regarding what is good to eat when you have
colon cancer.  I was sorry to hear your first round of chemo did not work.
Keep in mind that there is no reason why you can't be one in the 30% bracket
of remission!  When ever you read a negative, turn it into a positive.  It's
all in the attitude....!  Your friend, lillian

1. HALLELUJAH DIET AND BARLEYGREEN, DR. MALKMUS AND COLON CANCER
Order Online | Wholesale Membership | Business Opportunity | Site Index |
Home The Hallelujah Diet Reverend George Malkmus had colon cancer some
twenty years ago. Rather than take the medical route to treat the disease,
he took the advice of an old friend
http://www.nutritionhighway.com/hdiet.html

2. Colon Cancer - Diet Link Strengthened
Colon Cancer - Diet Link Strengthened The reasons to eat a diet high in
fruits, vegetables, and fiber and low in fat never seem to end -- and now
there's one more to add to the list: colon cancer. Dr. Randall Burt,
Director of the Huntsman Cancer Institute
http://www.hci.utah.edu/signal/spring97/01_dietlink.shtml

3. No evidence high-fiber diet prevents colon cancer, says studyAssociated
Press bostonherald.com
SECTIONS HOME PAGE TODAY'S PAPER LOCAL NEWS NATIONAL NEWS INTERNATIONAL NEWS
BUSINESS TODAY TECHNOLOGY TODAY SPORTS SCHOOL SPORTS COLUMNISTS OPINION
ENTERTAINMENT MOVIE REVIEWS LIFESTYLE/ TRENDS FASHION FOOD/ DINING HEALTH/
FITNESS TRAVEL PERS. FINANCE
http://www.bostonherald.com/bostonherald/lonw/colon01201999.htm

4. Diet and oxidative stress in breast, colon and prostate cancer patients:
a case- control study
Comments from Website author: In the research authors' conclusions they
state the belief that oxidative damage may be related to malignant diseases
(although this conclusion is not readily seen from the abstract). Note,
however, the finding that breast and
http://cassia.org/library/Eur%20J%20Clin%20Nutr%20Vol.%2048%20no.%208%20pp.%
20575-86%20.htm

5. Colon cancer-post surgery diet
Colon cancer-post surgery diet [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ pamsmith
Message Board ] Posted by C Kratky on July 31, 1999 at 20:13:05: A family
member had surgery 1 month ago and complains of gas pains whenever he eats.
Whats foods can you suggest to
http://pamsmith.com/bbs/messages/24.html

6. NCI/PDQ Citation: Physical activity, diet, and risk of colon cancer in
Utah
E-Mail Article Print Article Printing FAQ Main Menus: Disease Menus Medical
Specialty Menus Psychosocial Support Cancer News Clinical Trials Global
Resources Cancer FAQs Symptom Management Conferences and Meetings Financial
Issues Book Reviews Featured
http://oncolink.org/pdq_html/cites/08/08754.html

7. post-surgical colon cancer diet
Click Here Click Here! Join Free | How to Post | Rules of Play | Suggest a
Board Become a Board Leader post-surgical colon cancer diet Base: General
Cancer Discussions Keywords: Diet for colon cancer patient? Date: 1999, Feb
11 From: <ellepo99> I am
http://boards.allhealth.com/messages/get/bhgencancer1/16.html

8. NCI/PDQ Citation: Diet and cancer of the colon and rectum: a case-control
study
E-Mail Article Print Article Printing FAQ Main Menus: Disease Menus Medical
Specialty Menus Psychosocial Support Cancer News Clinical Trials Global
Resources Cancer FAQs Symptom Management Conferences and Meetings Financial
Issues Book Reviews Featured
http://www.oncolink.org/pdq_html/cites/08/08718.html

9. Western Diet Linked To Colon Cancer Risk
SearchADVANCED SEARCH Family Health Women's Health Children's Health Men's
Health Senior's Health Health Centers Alternative Medicine Cardiac Care
Center Cancer Center Emergency Dept Medical Advances Nutrition Central
Pulmonary Center Sports Medicine
http://personalmd.com/news/a1998071309.shtml

10. High-fiber diet doesn't reduce colon cancer risk, study finds
High-fiber diet doesn't reduce colon cancer risk, study finds (Դ:CNN
NEWS) January 20, 1999Web posted at: 8:00 p.m. EST (0100 GMT) BOSTON
(CNN) -- In a surprising finding that contradicts conventional dietary
wisdom, Harvard University researchers
http://magazine.pharm.com.cn/news/messages/enarts/9901282156.htm

11. Diabetes This Week for 2/7/99: fiber and colon cancer, polycystic ovary
disease, Rezulin, lab microanalysis, insulin growth factor, diet books
Centers
internet medicine, Diabetes Treatment of America, American Healthcorp, CDC
and HMOs. www .diabetesnet .com Diabetes This Week For week of 02/07/99
Should You Eat Fiber Or Not? For years medical people have touted the
benefit of fiber for preventing
http://diabetesnet.com/news/news020799.html

12. About Diet For A New America -- Diet-Cardiovascular Disease and Colon
Cancer Top Border Server-side Include Left Border Server-side Include Bottom
Please be patient as we work to correct any errors that you may encounter.
Employment Opportunities Cattlemen's General Store Chosen as: View with:
Home Search Help Contact Copyright Border Server-side Include 10.1 IX.
DIET-CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASE AND COLON
http://beeftest.beef.org/library/myths_facts/dietam10.html

13. Is This High-Fat Diet Link To Colon Cancer
University Science Is This High-Fat Diet Link To Colon Cancer? Researchers
may have a handle on why high-fat American diets seem to predispose people
to colon cancer. The insight stems from learning, in mice, what causes one
of the early cellular changes
http://www.unisci.com/stories/19992/0518993.htm

14. Understanding Cancer of the Colon and Rectum - Will your diet need to
change
Understanding Cancer Of The Colon And Rectum From the CancerBACUP booklet
series Will your diet need to change? At first you may notice that certain
foods upset the normal action of your bowel, or your colostomy if you have
one. High fibre foods, such as
http://www.bacup.org/info/colon/colon-12.htm

15. Cornell Food and Nutrition - Timely Topics in Food Diet and Health -
Fiber and Colon Cancer
MAIL TO: Food and Nutrition Created 5 December 1997 Updated 23 February 1999
Timely Topics in Food, Diet and Health Fiber and Colon Cancer Have we been
eating all that fiber for nothing? A recent study found no relationship
between dietary fiber intake
http://cce.cornell.edu/food/fdharchives/010299/fiber.html

16. FiberEase (Fiber Therapy)
................................................................. fiber
therapy prevent colon cancer regularity laxative
constipation metamucil citrucel New product for regularity in a liquid fiber
therapy that is smooth and non-gritty. Comes in apple-raspberry and orange.
fiber therapyFiber Therapy fiber therapy prevent colon cancer, regularity
laxative constipation
http://fiberease.o7.net/

17. Increasing fiber in the diet reduces the chance of getting colon cancer
Increasing fiber in the diet reduces the chance of getting colon cancer.
Price D1 D0 Quantity / unit of time Result: ??Demand for high fiber cerals
and popcorn. Previous slide Next slide Back to first slide View graphic
version
http://www.cals.ncsu.edu:8050/course/are012/lecture/lectur14/tsld044.htm

18. Colon Cancer: Screening is the best prevention
HOME | Active Living | Favorite Foods | Recipe | Nature's Medicine | Medical
Reference Community Boards | Weight Loss | Longer Living LIVE! | Register |
Health Tips | Shopping FEATURE Colon Cancer: Screening is the best
prevention By Bari Holm [SCREENING
http://www.longerliving.com/colon081299.htm

19. Increasing fiber in the diet reduces the chance of getting colon cancer
Slide 44 of 70
http://www.cals.ncsu.edu:8050/course/are012/lecture/lectur14/sld044.htm

20. Hereditary Colon Cancer Newsletter
Hereditary Colon Cancer Newsletter is a newsletter for persons affected by
hereditary colon cancer, the physicians who treat them, and the researchers
studying these diseases. The information below is reproduced from the
traditional, printed version of the
http://audumla.mdacc.tmc.edu/~hcc/homepage.html

Warmly, lillian

more....