[MOL] signet ringdel carcinoma [01203] Medicine On Line

[MOL] signet ringdel carcinoma

My 75 year old mother was diagnosed with cancer of the colon. After surgery the findings were that there was no metastase, no lymphnode involvement, and clear margins of the section. Microscopic tests revealed the presence of 'signet ring cells'.
Her doctors (in Spain) seem to believe these cells to be very agressive and warrant chemotherapy asap.
Can anybody tell me anything about these cells???? Are they indeed very agressive and what is the treatment followed in North America???