[MOL] Cancer testing in doubt..... [01053] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Cancer testing in doubt.....

Cancer Testing in Doubt

A false positive on a diagnostic test has led women to get chemotherapy and hysterectomies to treat a cancer they didnt have, according to a study to be published Saturday. The findings to be published in The Lancet are based on research conducted by Laurence Cole, who came to the University of New Mexico four months ago as professor and chief of the Division of Womens Health Research in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology.

Warmly, lillian